Wednesday 30 July 2014

Earthquake!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up in the middle of the night. Dark shadows caved over me as I walked into my mum and dads room. My brother was already sitting there patiently. There was dead silence but I broke that silence by saying ''What was that.''

My mum replied ''It was an earthquake.'' I want over to the light switch but tripped over my mums drawers. I got up and went to turn the lights on, my dad came back in  with torches and candles ''The lights aren't working,'' I said.

''That's why I lit the candles and brought torches,'' said my dad. the next day we went and explored Rolleston. We could see people cleaning up the shops through the windows. Later that afternoon the power came back on, my brother and I watched T.V.

The day was so scary I felt exited though because I had never been I a earthquake. A week later we went into christchurch to see all the damage.The best thing was the Pop-Up Mall it was colourful happy place.                            

No comments:

Post a Comment